Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TOP 5 SEO SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING TIPS


TOP 5 SEO SMALL BUSINESS MARKETING TIPS
Search engine optimization or keyword marketing is super fun, it is like a little contest to see if you can beat the person who holds the rank ahead of you in Google or the other search engines. BUT to rank well, you need to know EXACTLY the search terms you want to achieve for both your overall site and then each individual post. The math looks like this:
1 blog post about realtor postcards + 1 blog post about realtor logos = Realtor Marketing.
1 blog post about baby safe laundry detergent + 1 blog post about green janitorial supplies = Green Cleaning Products.
Trying to rank for BIG AUDACIOUS keywords starts with ranking for little attainable keywords first.
Tip One for SEO Small Business Marketing Tips:
Know what your big audacious keywords are!
Small Business SEO Marketing Tip Two
Know what your tiny keywords are! I have a program that I use to find out what keywords I can gain rank for which we use to help our clients gain positions for targeted keywords. You can do the same by using a tool called SEMRush to find out what keywords you rank for organically already. Now, this will only show you the top 10 but it is a good place to start without having to spend a dime. Take those and make it your goal to move them up a couple of positions by the first of next month.
MAKE SURE you write them on a piece of paper and hang them in front of you while you work. When you are thinking of writing a post, make sure that you have those target keywords in there somewhere in the title and content!
Super Important Tip Three:
Put google analytics on your website and look at it.
The picture above shows my google analytics for Marketing Artfully the last rolling month. I know that “social media services” is doing well because I am sending paid traffic to it is, BUT customer demographics is doing well also. Customer demographics is a subset of marketing that I am interested in but which I never really tried to rank for, I just put up a couple of posts and got the traffic. You can reverse engineer some great keyword rankings by figuring out what people are already searching for and finding on your site and then doing more of that!
Tip Four for SEO Small Business Marketing Tips:
Learn to write posts with keywords in them the correct way. This is one of my HUGE pet peeves with copywriters who write interesting articles but who do not know how to keyword them correctly. It is great to produce excellent content, but it is even better if it gets people to read it and find you knowledgeable or even makes you money because you have something to sell. Writing for writings sake is noble, but not lucrative.
Here is my last tip:
Write more. I know, not sexy but it is true. Sometimes I think to myself, why don’t I rank for that keyword and then realize it is because I have not written an article about that specific topic. Google and the other search engines do not care what you hope to rank for, they only care what you have added to the internet. The huge peaks on the chart above show that I have SO much more traffic on a day I write and bookmark a post. When I am focused on getting rankings I am writing A LOT and it is REALLY not convenient to take the time away from client work to do so BUT it is vital to the long-term success of my business. Do it first thing before any other work and then start your day.

Click here to view this article
Itech solutions website

No comments:

Post a Comment